Diploma in Visual Communication
January, May and September
2 Years ( Full Time)
The new Diploma in Visual Communication gives students the theoretical and practical design knowledge and skills they need to become professionals in the graphic design industry.
Through studio-based learning projects combined with critical thinking, conceptualization and computer software skills, students hone their capabilities in devising creative yet practical solutions for various problems in the process of visual communication with a high level of intellectual engagement.
After completing the programme, students will be able to develop skills in the areas of typography, packaging, publication and corporate identity; design a wide variety of print media by using appropriate visualization process and techniques; prepare project plans in implementing design projects and controlling execution against those plans; communicate effectively with clients and other stakeholders; and act ethically and professionally as designers in the industry.
- Academic Reading
- Colour for Designers
- Design Principles
- English for Communication
- Foundation Sketching and Drawing for Designers
- Fundamentals of Typography
- History of 20th Century Design and Culture
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Observational and Conceptual Drawing for Graphic Designers
- U1: Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- U2: Teamwork and Leadership
- Digital and Applied Illustration
- Digital Image Processing
- Digital Photography
- Fundamentals of Page Layout
- Graphic Print Production
- Identity System Design
- Packaging Design
- Publication Design
- U3: Malaysian Economy
- U4: Co-Curricular
Compulsory Modules (MPU)
- Kerja Berpasukan dan Kepimpinan (Teamwork and Leadership)
- Ekonomi Malaysia (Malaysian Economy)
- Ko-Kurikulum (Co-Curricular)
- Kerja Berpasukan dan Kepimpinan
- Ekonomi Malaysia
*Subject to change due to curriculum update.
Graphic Designer, Packaging Designer, Corporate Identity Designer, Illustrator, Editorial Designer.